जान्न आवश्यक छ: शिशु सूत्र कमी र उत्तर डकोटा
हाल, पाउडर शिशु सूत्रको आपूर्ति अभावले उत्तरी डकोटा र हाम्रा छिमेकी राज्यहरू सहित संयुक्त राज्यलाई असर गरिरहेको छ। यदि तपाईंको परिवारले यो अभावको कमी महसुस गरिरहेको छ भने, यो जान्न महत्त्वपूर्ण छ कि तपाईंका लागि उपलब्ध विकल्पहरू तपाईंको शिशुको लागि सुरक्षित छन् र कुन उनीहरूको स्वास्थ्य र विकासको लागि खतरनाक हुन सक्छ। NDDoH तपाईको हातमा उत्कृष्ट जानकारी होस् र राज्यले मद्दत गर्न के गरिरहेको छ भनेर पनि जान्न चाहन्छ।
- Do not make homemade formula. Homemade formula does not have the necessary nutrients your infant needs for growth. Homemade formulas are too risky to give to infants and can cause harm and potentially death.
- Do not feed an infant under 12 months cow’s milk. Infants cannot effectively process cow’s milk before their first birthday.
- Do not use raw or unpasteurized milk. These products can have harmful bacteria or germs that cause an infant to become sick.
- Do not water down formulas to stretch them out. Your infant will not get all the nutrients needed for growth and development.
- Do not buy formulas from foreign countries as they have not been approved by the FDA.
- Do not use toddler formulas for infants under 12 months of age, because nutritional needs are not the same for an infant as they are for a toddler-age child.
- Most babies can easily switch from one formula to another brand, including store brands. If your baby is on a specialized formula such as extensively hydrolyzed or amino acid-based formula, speak with your pediatrician about recommending an alternate brand formula.
- Talk with your provider and ask if they have any samples of formula to provide.
- Be flexible on switching brands. Try stores like Costco, Sam’s Club, CVS, Walgreens or your local grocery store or pharmacy in addition to bigger stores like Target and Wal-Mart for formula availability. Many formula companies have websites helping you find formula.
- You can also purchase online from reputable sources.
- Some formulas come in forms other than powder. Try purchasing a ready-to-feed (RTF) or concentrate formula. Please follow instructions for use of product as each product is prepared differently. RTF products do not need any additional preparation.
- You may qualify for WIC benefits to help pay for formula. Visit https://www.signupwic.com to find a WIC clinic near you.
- SNAP benefits can be used to buy food, including infant formula and other baby food. Apply for SNAP at https://www.applyforhelp.nd.gov/ or at your local human service zone office.
- Try your local food bank for formula. Find one near you here.
- Since the announcement of the Similac formula recall, the Department of Health has been working with local WIC offices across the state to proactively identify options for families.
- This includes expanding the types and sizes of formulas that are available to be purchased with WIC benefits. EBT has been flexible in making real-time changes on EBT cards while the participants are at the store, so they have access to purchase items that are in stock.
- The Department of Health is also in regular communication with manufacturers including Abbott (Similac) and Mead Johnson (Enfamil) to make as much formula available to WIC clients as possible and meet multiple times a week with the USDA Food and Nutrition Service and National WIC Association.
- Local agencies have been working hard with participants and vendors alike to identify and communicate what formula is available on the shelf.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefits can be used to buy food, including infant formula and other baby food. With the rising cost of food, the federal government increased monthly SNAP benefit amounts by about 21% last fall.
- Families who are having problems affording formula, baby food, or other food are encouraged to apply for SNAP online at https://www.applyforhelp.nd.gov/ or by contacting their local human service zone office, formerly called county social service offices.
के तपाईं सूत्रको लागि भुक्तान गर्न मद्दत खोज्दै हुनुहुन्छ? यी स्रोतहरू जाँच गर्नुहोस्
- तपाईं सूत्रको लागि भुक्तान गर्न मद्दतको लागि WIC लाभहरूको लागि योग्य हुन सक्नुहुन्छ। तपाईं नजिकैको WIC क्लिनिक फेला पार्न www.health.nd.gov/prevention/wic/how-do-i-apply-wic मा जानुहोस्।
- SNAP लाभहरू शिशु सूत्र र अन्य शिशु खाना सहित खाना खरिद गर्न प्रयोग गर्न सकिन्छ। SNAP को लागी https://www.applyforhelp.nd.gov/ वा तपाईको स्थानीय मानव सेवा क्षेत्र कार्यालयमा आवेदन दिनुहोस्।